Friday, June 17, 2005

Busy Busy Weekend

I'm such a social butterfly this weekend. Last night, Winston and I met two of his friends for a taping of Wait, wait...don't tell me!. I love that show so much and it was great to see it live. Peter Sagal looks nothing like his voice. After the show, we headed down to Chinatown for supper. We decided to get the dinner for four. There were four of us, after all. Dear god. That was more like dinner for 6 or 8. We all got lunch out of it, too.

Tomorrow for lunch, I'm meeting Broad, Amy, and Snidgey and then we're headed out for some shopping. Girlie fun! I'm loooking forward to that.

Then tomorrow night, Winston, Broad, Amy, Snidgey and I (and maybe Wad--c'mon! you know you wanna!) are headed here. I looked at tickets online and they're only $15. Rock! But, the freakin' service charges are another $8.50. I don't think so. So, I called them today to see if there were plenty o'tickets left. If so, great, we can buy them at the door. If not, I work only 8-ish blocks from there and I'll head down there and buy some today. I called and was put into voice mail hold for 20 minutes. What. Ev. So, I hung up and trotted my butt down there. Only to find out their system is down and I can't buy tickets. Not enough eye rolling in the world. As it turns out, there are plenty of tickets left and we can buy them at the door, but c'mon, people! Pick up your damn phone. There were four of you in the box office, the system was down and you weren't doing anything when I was there. You coulda picked up the phone and answered my freakin' questions!!

The girls got their hair done last night, and I'm headed out tonight to get mine done. Need a wee trim, I do. And, I'll get to see EWK. Yay!

Sunday is Winston's day. We're headed to a ham radio fest. I know nothing about it, but I'm looking forward to spending the day with a wonderful man. It's supposed to be beautiful here that day, so it'll be nice to be out in the sunshine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Snidget said...

how was the ham RAdio?

I had a blast... so glad to see you and winston again...

wish I had been in a better frame of mind... was just frazzled.

Let me know when you come to Memphis again. Turtle and I will meet you for lunch (yes yes... you get to meet the infamous Turtle)

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Winston said...

The Hamfest (as they are called) was over LONG before we got there. Apparently, the Lake County Amateur Radio Club's annual event ends "...before sun high in sky" Oh well, perhaps another time.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home