Thursday, July 01, 2004

Why "Kat Wood??"

The first question, I suppose, is really why blog? The answer is simple: peer pressure. Yes, I'm well over the age of majority and peer pressure is still getting me. My friend, Region Broad, has been trying to get me to blog. Frankly, I don't have a lot of spare time (work full-time, go to school part-time, blah, blah, blah), but school is out for the summer, so I thought I'd give it a shot!

Second question: why "Kat Wood?" It's not my name. My name is Kathy, hence the "Kat" part, but really, it's an homage to my cat, Mickey. He is truly the sweetest and cutest cat in the enitre world. When I figure out if I can post pictures, I will. That being said, he does have one...um....proclivity that is somewhat disturbing. Cats have this bonding thing that they do where they knead you with their paws and typically get this really intense stare. For those of you who have cats, you understand what I mean. Mickey likes to crawl up on my lap and knead my arms and legs and stomach. When he really goes to town, he'll kick back so hard with his hind legs that he can knock my arm away. This has been dubbed "Gettin' His Groove On" by Region Broad. Her cats do this, too.

Where my Mickey strays from the usual bonding is that when he gets going good, he'll freeze then make this little high-pitched noise somewhere between a chirp and a growl. The moment that happens, I have to push him off me. Why? Because at that point, he has achieved wood. Yep. Little, moist, pinky-red kitty wood. The first time it happened, I didn't know it had happened until I felt it on my arm. ON. MY. ARM. There's not enough "eww" in the world.

So, in homage to my cat who pops woodies while gettin' his groove on, my blog is "Kat Wood."

While I suspect that Region Broad will be the only one to actually read this, if there are others who do, I hope I'll have some things to say that you'll find interesting, funny, or at least distracting during a work day.

Later!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe. Why am I not suprised Region Broad talked you into this? Yeah! - Zoot

1:51 PM  
Blogger Kaffy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Kaffy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Kaffy said...

Woo Hoo!!! My first comment! Thanks, Zoot!

And, yes. Region Broad can be persuasive. Damn her.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes I CAN be persuasive. Phhhhhhbbbbbbt.

P.S. And no, I'm NOT anonymous. Why does your blog forsake me, Kaaaafeeeeeeeeeee!?!?! Weh weh weh weh!

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes I CAN be persuasive. Phhhhhhbbbbbbt.

P.S. And no, I'm NOT anonymous. Why does your blog forsake me, Kaaaafeeeeeeeeeee!?!?! Weh weh weh weh!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Kaffy said...

I think in order to not be anonymous, you have to be a registered blogger user. One of the drawbacks of using a free blogging site.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

Okay, that's damn funny.

And now I'm wondering what my kitty is up to when he's makin' biscuits. What's going on in that little kitty brain. And maybe it's time to have him snipped...

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home